Seek editable table chrome

gimme_this_gimme_that

This isn't a javascript question ...

On the other hand, there are a lot of people on this newsgroup who seem
to know a lot about building nice user interfaces.

Anyway, I'd like to add chrome to my tables ...

Something like the silver that appears at

http://spaces.msn.com/members/BCR

Where it says "Photo album" and "Blog" .

I tried saving a page from spaces.msn.com and found the task of using
their images and DHTML
and using that an impossible task.

Might someone be able to point me to a shareware page having similar
chrome?

Thanks.

David Dorward

This isn't a javascript question ...

On the other hand, there are a lot of people on this newsgroup who seem
to know a lot about building nice user interfaces.

.... and there are similar people over in
comp.infomationsystems.www.authoring.stylesheets where this would be
on-topic.
Anyway, I'd like to add chrome to my tables ...
Something like the silver that appears at
http://spaces.msn.com/members/BCR

Eugh. http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=RoundedCorners shows more reasonable
ways to achieve the effect.

Jeff North

On 21 Feb 2005 22:02:54 -0800, in comp.lang.javascript
| This isn't a javascript question ...
|
| On the other hand, there are a lot of people on this newsgroup who seem
| to know a lot about building nice user interfaces.
|
| Anyway, I'd like to add chrome to my tables ...
|
| Something like the silver that appears at
|
| http://spaces.msn.com/members/BCR
|
| Where it says "Photo album" and "Blog" .
|
| I tried saving a page from spaces.msn.com and found the task of using
| their images and DHTML
| and using that an impossible task.
|
| Might someone be able to point me to a shareware page having similar
| chrome?
|
| Thanks.

I've created the same as the above except the first item is within a
table and the second is using CSS. Both have there strengths and
weaknesses, it just depends upon your expertise.

http://jjnau.netfirms.com/chrome/chrome.htm

gimme_this_gimme_that

Wow!

Thanks Jeff. That is exactly what I needed!

Thanks for the urls everyone else too.