seek/sysseek 64 bit support under Windows

aritter

Hi!

I wrote a FAT32 and reiserfs reader in ruby and it works in linux, but
if I open a disk device in windows (i.e. \\.\PhysicalDrive1) I can't
seek over 2GB. I haven't tried to compile ruby source under windows and
it would be nice if somebody patched ruby for windows... I could also
use Win32API directly (I'm already using it for getting disk
information).

Thanks,
Adam

nobu.nokada

Hi,

At Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:16:11 +0900,
I wrote a FAT32 and reiserfs reader in ruby and it works in linux, but
if I open a disk device in windows (i.e. \\.\PhysicalDrive1) I can't
seek over 2GB. I haven't tried to compile ruby source under windows and
it would be nice if somebody patched ruby for windows... I could also
use Win32API directly (I'm already using it for getting disk
information).

http://www.rubyist.net/~nobu/ruby/win32/largefile.diff

Though I'm not sure if it is applicable to recents.

nobu.nokada

Hi,

At Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:40:33 +0900,
Though I'm not sure if it is applicable to recents.

I found newer version, 2005-04-21, and put it. This would be
better.

aritter

Hi!

Thanks for the patch, I'll try it. Why hasn't it been merged
in the source? I don't know about the ruby development process
but it's strange for me.

Adam