    Thanks,
    Adam

    , Aug 13, 2005

    At Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:16:11 +0900,
    wrote in [ruby-talk:152075]:
    > I wrote a FAT32 and reiserfs reader in ruby and it works in linux, but
    > if I open a disk device in windows (i.e. \\.\PhysicalDrive1) I can't
    > seek over 2GB. I haven't tried to compile ruby source under windows and
    > it would be nice if somebody patched ruby for windows... I could also
    > use Win32API directly (I'm already using it for getting disk
    > information).

    http://www.rubyist.net/~nobu/ruby/win32/largefile.diff

    Though I'm not sure if it is applicable to recents.

    --
    Nobu Nakada

    , Aug 14, 2005

    At Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:40:33 +0900,
    wrote in [ruby-talk:152106]:
    > Though I'm not sure if it is applicable to recents.

    I found newer version, 2005-04-21, and put it. This would be
    better.

    --
    Nobu Nakada

    , Aug 14, 2005

    Hi!

    Thanks for the patch, I'll try it. Why hasn't it been merged
    in the source? I don't know about the ruby development process
    but it's strange for me.

    Adam

    > > Though I'm not sure if it is applicable to recents.

    > I found newer version, 2005-04-21, and put it. This would be
    > better.

    , Aug 14, 2005