Seeking Advice!

Guest

This is my first .Net project so please forgive the stupid questions. I'm
developing an application in ASP.Net 2.x (VB) and I am not sure how to
continue. In my mind the application works somewhat like a shopping cart...
I have a “Report†table and a “ReportItem†table. A user is already
authenticated and begins to create a report. A report consists of zero or
more “ReportItems†(simple table rows). How do I properly implement this?
At first I created a fake “Report†record and added “ReportItems†using that
reported but that seemed too old school ASP. Then I implemented Profile
properties but that seems to be “user†centric where my app is “locationâ€
centric, there could be two or three users per location. I’ve looked at
ViewState, Session, DataTables… What’s the best way to proceed with this?

Thanks,
Tom

clintonG

Proceed with what? Your circumstances nor your question are not clear. You
should work on that first or you'll have a difficult time getting responses
in the newsgroups.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W