Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY (no cgi)

David Dorward

Borked said:
Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY (no cgi):

Its rubbish. No different from just keeping the URL secret (except it
requires the user to have a JVM installed).

Borked Pseudo Mailed

There is a lot of stuff on http://online_tools.home.att.net/tools.html

I should have said: SEE ***bottom**** of
http://online_tools.home.att.net/tools.html
(since that's where the materials and presentation starts), and
then it continues on http://online_tools.home.att.net/extraCode.htm

Thanks.

Before I wrote:

Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY (no cgi):
SEE:

http://online_tools.home.att.net/tools.html

*AND*

http://online_tools.home.att.net/extraCode.htm

Thanks.

Oliver Saunders

You see why that's rubbish?

That's nothing.

I had a web development lecturer who gave my class a test on the web,
really easy questions. Anyway it was in a form using JS and no CGI and
the first thing I did went I saw it was to open up the source and looked
at a couple of the arrays that tell you all the correct answers.

When it comes to data security No CGI = No good. You cannot hide the source.

Ollie