Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY (no cgi)

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Borked Pseudo Mailed, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Borked Pseudo Mailed, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
    > Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY (no cgi):

    Its rubbish. No different from just keeping the URL secret (except it
    requires the user to have a JVM installed).

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Re: Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY (no cgi)

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY (no cgi):
    > SEE:
    >
    > http://online_tools.home.att.net/tools.html
    >
    > *AND*
    >
    > http://online_tools.home.att.net/extraCode.htm

    I must say that I'd thought I'd seen the world's worst web page. Until
    two minutes ago, I now realise, I hadn't. Even at 1024x748 it's 29
    pages long. I suspect the password thing is equally daft.

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Borked Pseudo Mailed

    Randy Webb Guest

    Randy Webb, Oct 10, 2005
  5. Re: Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY (n cgi)

    There is a lot of stuff on http://online_tools.home.att.net/tools.html

    I should have said: SEE ***bottom**** of
    http://online_tools.home.att.net/tools.html
    (since that's where the materials and presentation starts), and
    then it continues on http://online_tools.home.att.net/extraCode.htm

    Thanks.

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Oct 10, 2005
  6. Re: Seeking feedback on Password Protection via Java/JavaScript ONLY(n cgi)

    > You see why that's rubbish?

    That's nothing.

    I had a web development lecturer who gave my class a test on the web,
    really easy questions. Anyway it was in a form using JS and no CGI and
    the first thing I did went I saw it was to open up the source and looked
    at a couple of the arrays that tell you all the correct answers.

    When it comes to data security No CGI = No good. You cannot hide the source.

    Ollie
    Oliver Saunders, Oct 11, 2005