Seeking free C++ compiler that runs from USB stick

Baron Samedi

I move from PC to PC and want to take my coding with me.

Can anyone recommend a Seeking free C++ compiler that runs from USB
stick?

An IDE and a good debugger would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance.

Walter Bright

Baron said:
I move from PC to PC and want to take my coding with me.

Can anyone recommend a Seeking free C++ compiler that runs from USB
stick?

An IDE and a good debugger would be a bonus.

The Digital Mars C++ compiler will run from a USB drive. The free
downloadable version does not require installation, does not modify or
access the system registry, and does not require changing environment
variables.

The IDE and debugger are not free, though.

-Walter Bright
Digital Mars
http://www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers

Alexander Block

I move from PC to PC and want to take my coding with me.

Can anyone recommend a Seeking free C++ compiler that runs from USB
stick?

An IDE and a good debugger would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance.

Code::Blocks runs fine without an installation (At least the current
nightly build does), so you could try it on an USB stick. Look into
the Code::Blocks forum to get a build.

Try to use GCC (MinGW port) on your USB stick. As far as I know, it
has no outside dependancies.