    stick?

    An IDE and a good debugger would be a bonus.

    Thanks in advance.
    Baron Samedi, Mar 26, 2007

  2. Baron Samedi wrote:
    > I move from PC to PC and want to take my coding with me.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a Seeking free C++ compiler that runs from USB
    > stick?
    >
    > An IDE and a good debugger would be a bonus.

    The Digital Mars C++ compiler will run from a USB drive. The free
    downloadable version does not require installation, does not modify or
    access the system registry, and does not require changing environment
    variables.

    The IDE and debugger are not free, though.

    -Walter Bright
    Digital Mars
    http://www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers
    Walter Bright, Mar 26, 2007

  3. On 26 Mrz., 06:23, "Baron Samedi" <> wrote:
    > I move from PC to PC and want to take my coding with me.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a Seeking free C++ compiler that runs from USB
    > stick?
    >
    > An IDE and a good debugger would be a bonus.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Code::Blocks runs fine without an installation (At least the current
    nightly build does), so you could try it on an USB stick. Look into
    the Code::Blocks forum to get a build.

    Try to use GCC (MinGW port) on your USB stick. As far as I know, it
    has no outside dependancies.
    Alexander Block, Mar 26, 2007