    look?
    Thank you,
    Christian Jutt
    drmicrochp, Aug 7, 2007

  2. drmicrochp

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 07 Aug 2007 21:48:14 GMT
    drmicrochp scribed:

    > Dear Group Members,
    > I am the webmaster for the website for our nonprofit corporation, the
    > Mediation Center. It may be viewed at www.mediatorsrus.org I am
    > trying to add an interactive web component that would make the web
    > site more compelling. As we are trying to convince viewers that
    > mediation is more advantageous than taking someone to court, I
    > thought
    > to add an online quiz to demonstrate this point. The online quiz
    > (initiated by clicking on a link at our website) would ask the viewer
    > a series of questions about his/her conflict. Depending upon the
    > answers, the viewer would be suggested to file a case in court or to
    > go to a mediation. I cannot find any code or application that can
    > help me with adding this feature to the web page. Can anyone at the
    > Web and New Media group suggest whom I might contact or where I might
    > look?
    > Thank you,
    > Christian Jutt

    Maybe Legal Aid might assist you.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 8, 2007

  3. drmicrochp

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "drmicrochp" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Group Members,
    > I am the webmaster for the website for our nonprofit corporation, the
    > Mediation Center. It may be viewed at www.mediatorsrus.org I am
    > trying to add an interactive web component that would make the web
    > site more compelling. As we are trying to convince viewers that
    > mediation is more advantageous than taking someone to court, I
    > thought
    > to add an online quiz to demonstrate this point. The online quiz
    > (initiated by clicking on a link at our website) would ask the viewer
    > a series of questions about his/her conflict. Depending upon the
    > answers, the viewer would be suggested to file a case in court or to
    > go to a mediation. I cannot find any code or application that can
    > help me with adding this feature to the web page. Can anyone at the
    > Web and New Media group suggest whom I might contact or where I might
    > look?
    > Thank you,
    > Christian Jutt

    If you have a short list of questions and which question you asked depended
    simply on the previous reply then you might be able to get away with
    structuring your pages and questions like a tree, with each answer
    navigating from a node in the tree towards one of the final outcomes. Sorry
    if that isn't very clear,
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/remote_control/wizard/index.htm hopefully
    illustrates what I mean. Of course the trouble with this is that it gets
    very cumbersome if you have lots of questions or if you want to be able to
    carry forward specific bits of information from one answer to the end.

    Failing that, what server side scripting do you have available? Assuming you
    have server side scripting available then it should be possible to put
    something together. Logically there ought to be survey type products that
    you can pick up and plug in, but its not something I've come across.

    On a different note, what is the "Web and New Media group"? This is
    alt.html.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian