Seeking Programmers for Symmetrical Musical Melody Thesaurus (1440 melodies) Software Program:

Discussion in 'Java' started by Melody Droid, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Melody Droid

    Melody Droid Guest

    I recently made some conceptual breakthroughs regarding the interval
    permutation pre-sorting and the pitch-class-set/scale post-sorting
    aspects of my envisioned symmetrical melody thesaurus software, so
    that it will take the absolute minimum of time and effort to write a
    computer program for it and bring it up to the demo level in order to
    shop the project around.

    I've created a Yahoo Group for the project over here:

    I am NOT going the conventional route of copyrighting the general
    concepts a-priori, and will freely share the conceptual basis of both
    the melodies themselves and my various pre- and post-sorting
    algorithms. As far as I'm concerned the programmers should get
    "authorship" rights at the concrete specific implementation level, and
    I don't care whether that authorship is either a collective group or
    individuals.

    For more information please e-mail me at my primary private e-mail
    address:

    Thanks for your time and attention.

    Bill Flavell
    Melody Droid, Jun 22, 2004