Seeking Publicity Coordinator for PyCon 2007

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jeff Rush, Oct 11, 2006.

  1. Jeff Rush

    Jeff Rush Guest

    The PyCon organizers are looking for someone to volunteer as publicity
    coordinator for PyCon 2007. This year we have started planning sufficiently
    in advance that we'd like to get some press coverage in print magazines.

    What is involved, you ask?

    1. Brainstorm/collect a list of candidate publications for press releases.
    2. Post the lead time and submission requirements for each to the wiki.
    3. Develop or work with others to develop a (textual) press release layout.
    4. At the appropriate time (e.g. when certain details are settled such
    as keynote speakers), actually submit the press release.

    There is a wiki page at the following on which to collect ideas on where to
    submit a press release:

    http://us.pycon.org/TX2007/PublicityIdeas

    That's it! It really shouldn't take a lot of time; a bit of surfing, perhaps
    a few email queries.

    -Jeff

    Jeff Rush, Oct 11, 2006