    is).

    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    , Apr 27, 2005

  2. Bob Walton Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking for a "pure Perl" database module. I'm looking for
    > something specifically that does not require any type of compilation,
    > i.e., does not rely on C code. I want something entirely implemented
    > via .pm files and relying on flat (text or binary) files for data
    > storage. Basic functionality I seek includes retrieving (select),
    > modifying (update), adding (insert), and deleting (delete) data. I
    > don't need a large degree of SQL compliance, nor does SQL even have to
    > be the mechanism for interacting with the database.
    >
    > DBD::CSV and SQLite were the first two things I looked at, but they
    > have compiled components themselves or depend on packages that have
    > compiled components.
    >
    > I checked the FAQ and did a quick search on CPAN but didn't find
    > anything. I also searched usenet via google groups (crippled as it
    > is).

    Check out the DBI::purePerl module.

    --
    Bob Walton
    Bob Walton, Apr 27, 2005

    Looks like I'd still need a pure Perl DBD driver to go with
    DBI::purePerl (as PurePerl only emulates the "real" DBI, not any of the
    DBD drivers). Are any of the flat-file DBD drivers pure Perl?
    , Apr 27, 2005
  4. <> wrote:
    : I'm looking for a "pure Perl" database module.

    Why pure perl. Most perl modules depend on compiled stuff.

    If you are on windows without C compiler, then you can
    install cygwin. It has C compiler and perl.

    Or are you rinning on more exotic envitoment like
    DOS, or xenix?
    Joonas Timo Taavetti Kekoni, May 2, 2005