Seeking tool to show source file dependency

Baron Samedi

I want to understand the structure of some legacy code.

A good call tree program would be welcome.

As would something similar, but which shows the relationship of files.
So, if I have a.c and b.c and something in a.c calls a function in b.c
then there would be two boxes, one labelled A and one labelled B, with
an arrow connecting them. Sort of call tree, but at a higher level.
Does such a thing exist?

Anything else you can offer?

Thanks in advance for any help. Freeware preferred, but I won't
discount commercial. Windows preferred, but I won't discount Linux.
(no offence)

Thanks.

Asm23

I want to understand the structure of some legacy code.

A good call tree program would be welcome.

As would something similar, but which shows the relationship of files.
So, if I have a.c and b.c and something in a.c calls a function in b.c
then there would be two boxes, one labelled A and one labelled B, with
an arrow connecting them. Sort of call tree, but at a higher level.
Does such a thing exist?

Anything else you can offer?

Thanks in advance for any help. Freeware preferred, but I won't
discount commercial. Windows preferred, but I won't discount Linux.
(no offence)

Thanks.

you can use the tool nameed "Doxygen" to generate the file hirechy and
the function calling trees.
it is very simple to ues the Wizard tools to generate the document you
need.

by the way, Doxygen is a powerful tool, it's free opensource and cross
plat form.

Baron Samedi

you can use the tool nameed "Doxygen" to generate the file hirechy and
the function calling trees.
it is very simple to ues the Wizard tools to generate the document you
need.

by the way, Doxygen is a powerful tool, it's free opensource and cross
plat form.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks very much (I am already using it).

Does anyone know how to generate a "file dependancy tree"? thanks

Asm23

Thanks very much (I am already using it).

Does anyone know how to generate a "file dependancy tree"? thanks- Hide quoted text -

doxygen can generate "file dependancy tree" by using a "dot" tools
named "Graphviz"