Seems like the cgi module does not read the QUERY_STRING whenMETHOD is POST

Discussion in 'Python' started by Quentin Crain, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. Hello All:

    I am expecting that my FieldStorage object will
    contain any and all key/values from the QUERY_STRING
    regardless of the request method. But it seems that
    the QUERY_STRING is ignored when the method is POST.

    Please tell me why I am wrong or why this should be
    so.

    (Much prefer to be told I am wrong! grin!)

    Respectfully,

    Quentin

    =====
    -- Quentin Crain

    I care desperately about what I do.
    Do I know what product I'm selling? No.
    Do I know what I'm doing today? No.
    But I'm here and I'm gonna give it my best shot.
    -- Hansel

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    Quentin Crain, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Quentin Crain wrote:

    > I am expecting that my FieldStorage object will
    > contain any and all key/values from the QUERY_STRING
    > regardless of the request method. But it seems that
    > the QUERY_STRING is ignored when the method is POST.

    Read this thread:

    http://tinyurl.com/3bd9j

    In the end, I added some code myself that parses the
    query string if the method is POST...

    --Irmen

    Irmen de Jong, Jun 26, 2004