seg fault because stdexcept.cc not found?

Corrine

Running my C++ program gives me a seg fault, with the following error
info given by gdb:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
0x4b3cc in _ZN5ImageD1Ev () at ../../../../src/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc:76
76 ../../../../src/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc: No such file or directory.

What's going on?

Gianni Mariani

Corrine said:
Running my C++ program gives me a seg fault, with the following error
info given by gdb:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
0x4b3cc in _ZN5ImageD1Ev () at ../../../../src/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc:76
76 ../../../../src/libstdc++-v3/src/stdexcept.cc: No such file or directory.

What's going on?

The "No such file or directory." is a message from gdb saying that it
can't find the file - no biggie. The "segfault" is because your code is
broken somehow. If you find stdexcept.cc and look at line 76, you might
get a hint at what the problem is, no guarentee though.

BTW - this is off-topic for comp.lang.c++ , you should try
comp.unix.programmer, this group might be better suited to these kinds
of questions. In comp.lang.c++, we're a bunch-o-grumpy C++ nuts (said
in the kindest way - truly :) ) and don't like questions that are not
specific to C++ as it is written in the standard.