does on get to try to isolate this issue. I appreciate any response
on this.

bt 12
#0 0x014ff400 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1 0x014ff384 in sleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2 0x018290c8 in signal_handler (num=11, inf=0x7e1ff4b0,
ctx=0x1b22228)
at cabd.cpp:252
#3 0x016f9808 in pthread_kill () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#4 <signal handler called>
#5 0x014b768c in _IO_flush_all_linebuffered () from /lib/libc.so.6
#6 0x0159ce20 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

Victor Bazarov

Jun said:
I'm running on 2.2 Kernel on a PPC platform and getting an intermttent
seg
fault on one of my threads. I have a spin loop after it detected the
seg fault and after I loaded GDB and did a trace, I get the following
stack trace below. It does not go further down where in application
code the C library was called. Has anyone encountered this issue? How

#0 0x014ff400 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1 0x014ff384 in sleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2 0x018290c8 in signal_handler (num=11, inf=0x7e1ff4b0,
ctx=0x1b22228)
at cabd.cpp:252
#3 0x016f9808 in pthread_kill () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#4 <signal handler called>
#5 0x014b768c in _IO_flush_all_linebuffered () from /lib/libc.so.6
#6 0x0159ce20 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

I am sorry, I was trying to find a C++ langauge issue here, but failed.

Could you perhaps elaborate a bit why do you think it's a problem that
can be solved by means of C++ language? Consider that there are forums
'comp.os.linux.*' out there (I am guessing from the mention of 2.2 and
the overall bluntness of the post), and that there is 'comp.lang.c' out
there too, and there is a whole bunch of 'gnu.*' newsgroups as well.

In other words, what makes you think that 'c.l.c++' is the right place
to post this?

Jun

I am sorry, I was trying to find a C++ langauge issue here, but failed.

Could you perhaps elaborate a bit why do you think it's a problem that
can be solved by means of C++ language? Consider that there are forums
'comp.os.linux.*' out there (I am guessing from the mention of 2.2 and
the overall bluntness of the post), and that there is 'comp.lang.c' out
there too, and there is a whole bunch of 'gnu.*' newsgroups as well.

In other words, what makes you think that 'c.l.c++' is the right place
to post this?

I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask- Hide quoted text -

You're right, I should post this in the C or the linux gruops. Thanks.