Seg fault on Thread.new with ruby 1.8.6

Sébastien Dabet

Hi all,

Since my rails app crashed, I cannot restart it and get the following
error at startup:

/local2/ruby/gems/gems/rails-2.1.1/lib/commands/servers/base.rb:4: [BUG]
Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11) [i386-linux]

I have ruby 1.8.6 on 32-bit linux and found out that the error actually
occurs when attempting to create a new thread with 'Thread.new do ...'.

Do you have any idea on how to debug/solve this problem ?

Thx

Sébastien Dabet

Thank you for the link, i'll try to invistigate. The problem is i have
rebooted the machine and cannot reproduce the error so far.
Thanks again