    it made no difference. Any suggestions or pointers would be
    appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Magdoll, Nov 17, 2008

  2. Magdoll

    Jerry Hill Guest

    On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Magdoll <> wrote:
    > Has anyone run into the same problem I have? I used to run matplotlib
    > with Python2.5 and everything worked fine. Now I use Python2.6, and
    > everything falls apart.
    >
    > I installed numpy, libpng, and freetype as required by matplotlib, and
    > the installation all went well. But when I try to plot even the
    > simplest stuff, ex:

    And you installed the python 2.6 versions of those tools? I note that
    matplotlib doesn't even provide a python 2.6 binary installer yet.
    Did you compile them from source? What platform are you running on?

    --
    Jerry

    Jerry Hill, Nov 17, 2008

  3. Magdoll

    Magdoll Guest

    I just compiled all of these from source. I'm installing them on
    school Linux servers (most of them Fedora or RedHat I think), which
    means I don't have root permission, so I basically have to install
    everything under my home directory and hope that nothing
    conflicts....most things worked up until now. Matplotlib installed
    with no errors, but plotting attempts failed.

    I'm a bit reluctant to go back to Python2.5, even though that would
    probably solve all my compatibility issues, but I have started using
    new syntax in Python2.6. When I first tried matplotlib with Python2.6
    and it failed, I just went for gnuplot and it worked. But now I'm
    using networkx which means plotting graphs requires matplotlib.

    Thanks,
    Magdoll

    Magdoll, Nov 17, 2008