    But when I run it on another PC, it don't run. I try to it via terminal, and it says "Segmentation fault(core dump)". I try again run it with sudo, it says nothing and nothing happend.

    Could any of you please let me know how to fix this?

    , Apr 4, 2014

  2. On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM, <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I generated an executable python file using cxfreeze.
    > I run that file, it runs fine.
    > But when I run it on another PC, it don't run. I try to it via terminal, and it says "Segmentation fault(core dump)". I try again run it with sudo, it says nothing and nothing happend.
    >
    > Could any of you please let me know how to fix this?

    Freezing a Python script into a binary requires matching all sorts of
    things, including the word size (32-bit or 64-bit), most likely the
    versions of various shared libraries, and possibly other
    compatibilities as well. What are the two computers? I'm guessing your
    second one is some kind of Unix, but that's as much as I can tell.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Apr 4, 2014

    the first one is ubuntu 12.04 64-bit (where i generate the executable file), and the second one is the same. Any idea? I confused for days until today.

    Thanks for your replay

    On Friday, April 4, 2014 3:57:33 PM UTC+7, Chris Angelico wrote:
    > On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM, <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I generated an executable python file using cxfreeze.

    > > I run that file, it runs fine.

    > > But when I run it on another PC, it don't run. I try to it via terminal, and it says "Segmentation fault(core dump)". I try again run it with sudo, it says nothing and nothing happend.

    > > Could any of you please let me know how to fix this?

    > Freezing a Python script into a binary requires matching all sorts of
    >
    > things, including the word size (32-bit or 64-bit), most likely the
    >
    > versions of various shared libraries, and possibly other
    >
    > compatibilities as well. What are the two computers? I'm guessing your
    >
    > second one is some kind of Unix, but that's as much as I can tell.
    >

    > ChrisA

    , Apr 4, 2014
  4. On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM, <> wrote:
    > the first one is ubuntu 12.04 64-bit (where i generate the executable file), and the second one is the same. Any idea? I confused for days until today.
    >
    > Thanks for your replay

    That's a good start. Next thing to try is running your executable
    under gdb; instead of getting a simple "Segmentation fault" message,
    you get some chance at a bit more info. But from here you need someone
    more familiar with cxfreeze. All I can advise is to compare installed
    packages on each; maybe you have multiple versions of some library or
    something.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Apr 4, 2014
  5. Hi.

    On 4.4.2014. 11:17, Chris Angelico wrote:
    > But from here you need someone more familiar with cxfreeze. All I
    > can advise is to compare installed packages on each; maybe you
    > have multiple versions of some library or something.

    From what little I know of it, it freezes as little as possible of
    Python's modules into the executable and stores the remaining Python
    code in a single zip file and loads it from there at run-time.

    That should limit your search area to just the frozen part and
    externally used libraries, and my instinct tells me gdb should be able
    to point you in the culprit's direction in no time.

    Hope this helps.

    Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetić

    Jurko Gospodnetić, Apr 4, 2014

    I try gdb the executable file in another machine
    and get this:
    Error -3 from inflate: incorrect header check
    Error decompresing struct

    if I do gdb in my machine (where I generate the executable file)
    I get nothing, and the app work correctly.

    I try to search about that, but i don't get it.

    Could any of you please let me know how to fix this?

    Thank u before

    , Apr 30, 2014