Segmentation fault with OneClickInstaller 1.8.4

Anatol Pomozov

------=_Part_4006_22317207.1140387653482

Hi, all.

I am using Stemmer4r library in my application. And it work perfect on
1.8.2-15 (as you gess I am under Windows)

But after upgrading ruby to 184 I start getting [BUG] Segmentation fault in
my application in following line
Stemmer.new('en')

it is just simple object creation and if I move it from my application
codebase to separate script it runs without any problems

This is a script
begin
if RUBY_PLATFORM =3D~ /win/
require 'stemmer4r/ext/win32/stemmer4r' #Load Win specific so library
else
require 'stemmer4r/ext/freebsd/stemmer4r' #For FreeBSD
end
end

stemmer =3D Stemmer.new('en')
p stemmer

this is output
C:\work\app\lib>a.rb
#<Stemmer:0x2879f78>

I have no clue about the reason of this error. How could I solve it? Would
be glad to provide any additional info.

Anatol Pomozov

------=_Part_4018_21479298.1140388133481

After commenting this line I have SegFault in another place

return if singleton_methods.include? '__old__find'

So that it is not Stemmer but Ruby specific bug. Seems that
1.8.4distibution very unstable on Windows.
Have anybody SegFaults with OneClickInstaller??

[...]

Lou Vanek

this may explain it,
http://djberg96.livejournal.com/63514.html

Anatol said:
After commenting this line I have SegFault in another place

return if singleton_methods.include? '__old__find'

So that it is not Stemmer but Ruby specific bug. Seems that
1.8.4distibution very unstable on Windows.
Have anybody SegFaults with OneClickInstaller??

Hi, all.

I am using Stemmer4r library in my application. And it work perfect on
1.8.2-15 (as you gess I am under Windows)

But after upgrading ruby to 184 I start getting [BUG] Segmentation fault in
my application in following line
Stemmer.new('en')

it is just simple object creation and if I move it from my application
codebase to separate script it runs without any problems

This is a script
begin
if RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /win/
require 'stemmer4r/ext/win32/stemmer4r' #Load Win specific so library
else
require 'stemmer4r/ext/freebsd/stemmer4r' #For FreeBSD
end
end

stemmer = Stemmer.new('en')