compiled the codes and now we are testing the executables. While
running the executable, we get the following error.

SEGV_ACCERR - Invalid Permissions for object
#0 0x60000000c0340160:1 in _wrtchk+0x341 () from /usr/lib/hpux32/
libc.so.1

I am not sure why we are getting this error. Am pretty new to C and it
would great if someone can help me in this.

Thanks,
nan

Keith Thompson

nan said:
We are in the process of migrating our old HP-UX 11.00, PA-RISC
architecture to a new HP-UX 11.23i, Itanium architecture. We have

#0 0x60000000c0340160:1 in _wrtchk+0x341 () from /usr/lib/hpux32/
libc.so.1

I am not sure why we are getting this error. Am pretty new to C and it
would great if someone can help me in this.

Try comp.sys.hp.hpux -- and give the folks over there some clue about
what you're trying to do.

Malcolm McLean

Hi,

#0 0x60000000c0340160:1 in _wrtchk+0x341 () from /usr/lib/hpux32/
libc.so.1

I am not sure why we are getting this error. Am pretty new to C and it
would great if someone can help me in this.
It is the evils of undefined behaviour.
The original code must have accessed memory in some illegal way.
Unfortunately, and this really is the worst scenario for UB, it appeared in
testing as if the program was working correctly. When you move it to another
platform, the error becomes obvious.

The problem is probably deep in the logic somewhere. Compile and run with a
debug boundschecker, and then try to work out why it is, probably, either
exceeding an array or writing to a garbage pointer.

jacob navia

Hi,

#0 0x60000000c0340160:1 in _wrtchk+0x341 () from /usr/lib/hpux32/
libc.so.1

I am not sure why we are getting this error. Am pretty new to C and it
would great if someone can help me in this.

Thanks,
nan

If you do not know what a segmentation fault is,
you should get someone qualified to do this job.

If you are pretty new to C, you should not attempt
to do what you are doing. It is a bad idea to start
by porting complex applications from one system to
another.

Again, the only real solution is to get someone
qualified for this work.

jacob

Richard Tobin

#0 0x60000000c0340160:1 in _wrtchk+0x341 () from /usr/lib/hpux32/
libc.so.1

Start by running the program under a debugger, so that you can see
where the error is occurring. The error message you have only
indicates where in some system library code the error is detected.
You need to find out where in *your* code it is failing.

-- Richard