    My platform is ubuntu linux.

    I'm sorry my bad english.
    King regards..

    Abandoned, Oct 6, 2007

  2. Abandoned

    Jorge Godoy Guest

    Abandoned wrote:

    > Hi..
    > I run a my script and 3-4 minutes later give me an error "segmentation
    > fault".
    > What is the reason of this error ?
    >
    > I use in my script:
    > Threading
    > Psycopg2
    > open & write to txt
    > urlopen
    >
    > My platform is ubuntu linux.
    >
    > I'm sorry my bad english.
    > King regards..

    Without seeing any code, it is hard to say anything. But the answer to the
    ultimate question is "42".

    Show the group some code and I'm sure people will help.

    Jorge Godoy, Oct 6, 2007

  3. Jorge Godoy a écrit :
    > Abandoned wrote:
    >
    >> Hi..
    >> I run a my script and 3-4 minutes later give me an error "segmentation
    >> fault".
    >> What is the reason of this error ?
    >>
    >> I use in my script:
    >> Threading
    >> Psycopg2
    >> open & write to txt
    >> urlopen
    >>
    >> My platform is ubuntu linux.
    >>
    >> I'm sorry my bad english.
    >> King regards..

    > Without seeing any code, it is hard to say anything. But the answer to the
    > ultimate question is "42".

    Indeed. Err, what was the question, exactly ?-)

    > Show the group some code and I'm sure people will help.

    To be more precise: post the minimal working code reproducing the
    problem, and the full traceback.

    Bruno Desthuilliers, Oct 6, 2007
  4. Abandoned

    Jorge Godoy Guest

    Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

    > Jorge Godoy a écrit :
    >> Without seeing any code, it is hard to say anything. But the answer to
    >> the ultimate question is "42".

    > Indeed. Err, what was the question, exactly ?-)

    As soon as calculations are finished, you'll know. :)

    Jorge Godoy, Oct 6, 2007
  5. Abandoned wrote:
    > I run a my script and 3-4 minutes later give me an error
    > "segmentation fault".
    > What is the reason of this error ?

    The reason is that the process tries to write to a memory address it
    outside of its allocated segments.

    Regards,

    Björn

    --