Segmentation fault

Patrick May

Hello,

Every once and a while, while working on ruby-web, I'll get a
segmentation fault:

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/web/request.rb:203: [BUG]
Segmentation fault

These usually clear up pretty quickly. Is there anything I can do to
get more information, when I get these errors? They are almost
impossible to report.

Cheers,

Patrick

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: Segmentation fault"

|Every once and a while, while working on ruby-web, I'll get a
|segmentation fault:
|
| /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/web/request.rb:203: [BUG]
|Segmentation fault

Did you get core file from the segmentation fault? If you have, try

gdb ruby core

then type "where" at the debugger prompt.

matz.

nobuyoshi nakada

Hi,

At Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:29:22 +0900,
Patrick May wrote in [ruby-talk:147824]:
Every once and a while, while working on ruby-web, I'll get a
segmentation fault:

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/web/request.rb:203: [BUG]
Segmentation fault

These usually clear up pretty quickly. Is there anything I can do to
get more information, when I get these errors? They are almost
impossible to report.

What's the exact version, platform and what you were doing?
Can't you get backtrace?