seldom vs rare in "How widely used" question

Pavel

Is there a common understanding of what is considered "more rare": "seldom" or
"rare" in "How widely used" estimate of a difference between C and C++ in
Appendix C of the Standard (both 2003 and 2011)? (I am not a native English
speaker and did not get a feeling whether the Standard means different degrees
of "rarity" with these words or it simply uses them interchangeably).

Thank you,
-Pavel

Ebenezer

Is there a common understanding of what is considered "more rare": "seldom" or
"rare" in "How widely used" estimate of a difference between C and C++ in
Appendix C of the Standard (both 2003 and 2011)? (I am not a native English
speaker and did not get a feeling whether the Standard means different degrees
of "rarity" with these words or it simply uses them interchangeably).

My guess is the standard uses them interchangeably.

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net