Select box chopping off content problem?

harryajh

I have a select control and because of page width restrictions I have
to set it's width to 30%.

The trouble is IE chops the right-hand side off for all strings in the
list that are wider than the width setting, Firefox opens the windows
underneath showing the whole of the text strings - is it possible in
IE to do the same?

If not (won't be surprised!), is it possible to put a horz scroll bar
on the drop down window so the users can at least see the whole of the
text?

thanks in advance

harry

rf

harryajh said:
I have a select control and because of page width restrictions I have
to set it's width to 30%.

The trouble is IE chops the right-hand side off for all strings in the
list that are wider than the width setting, Firefox opens the windows
underneath showing the whole of the text strings - is it possible in
IE to do the same?

If not (won't be surprised!), is it possible to put a horz scroll bar
on the drop down window so the users can at least see the whole of the
text?

Where is the URL to this page. Without this all is guesswork.

Then again this is typical of google groupers. Leave us guessing.

Travis Newbury

I have a select control and because of page width restrictions I have
to set it's width to 30%.

The trouble is IE chops the right-hand side off for all strings in the
list that are wider than the width setting, Firefox opens the windows
underneath showing the whole of the text strings - is it possible in
IE to do the same?

I don't have a URL to go on, but I believe your problem can be solved
using these 4 steps:

1. Use the IE sub-folder to create the missing text.

2. Under the Font attribute choose "Extend to sides" (remember this
will not work if the Font color has been set! Let the user choose the
default)

3. Copy the HTML code to the bottom of the page in the Hidden section
located right under the </body> tag. You will need MiniPad 3.0 to see
this section because it is a new W3C tag.

4: Reboot the web server (ONLY if you are using IIS)

It seems like a lot of work, but it really isn't.

Good luck, and happy coding.

Jonathan N. Little

Travis said:
I don't have a URL to go on, but I believe your problem can be solved
using these 4 steps:

1. Use the IE sub-folder to create the missing text.

<snipped...>

Funny...should keep him both confused and busy for some time!

(Pssst to OP, short answer is "no")