Select Checkboxes in Datagrid and preview in new window

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Angela, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. Angela

    Angela Guest

    Hi

    I have a datagrid with checkboxes besides a list of names.

    What I want is for the user to select the checkboxes and press 'Preview'
    and a new window opens with a print friendly list of the selected
    contact details.

    I can get the selected IDs via my server side code but can't target a
    new window to open.

    So I thought of using Javascript and concatenating the IDs (e.g.
    2,4,6,8) and do a window.location = '...' but the checkboxes in the
    datagrid do not have IDs associated with them.

    Can I get the datagrid checkbox have the value of the contact IDs? Is
    there a better way of achieving the above?

    Thanks
    Angela

    Angela, Nov 16, 2004