Select datagrid item programatically in ASP.NET

Joseph T.S.Lim

Hi all,

I have a question on ASP.NET Datagrid.
Here goes nothing :-

I have a datagrid with a SELECTCOMMAND on the first column.
Whenever i click on the first column, it will highlight the particular
item.
No problem with this. I want to know how do i select a datagrid
item when i click on a button without clicking on the datagrid item.

For example, when i click button A, the datagrid will select my desire
row item
highlight it. I want to achieve this on the Code behind, i don't want
use the __doPostBack("gridID:_ctl?_ctl?", ""). I able to select it via
the client script but i don't want.