    Anyone know how to code this?
    Also are there any good places other than the official SA site to go for
    help with sample code?

    kbrad, Oct 5, 2004

  2. kbrad

    Roland Hall Guest

    "kbrad" wrote in message
    news:...
    : I am trying to use SoftArtisans FileUp Professional to upload a directory.
    : have found some sample code to help but you have to type in the directory
    : name when you run the page.
    : I want to use a form in the same way as for a file upload to browse and
    : select my directory for upload.
    : Anyone know how to code this?
    : Also are there any good places other than the official SA site to go for
    : help with sample code?

    kbrad...

    You don't upload directories. You upload files. It's usually a good idea
    to start your support search at the vendor's site:
    http://support.softartisans.com/support-118.aspx

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Oct 5, 2004

  3. kbrad

    kbrad Guest

    fI'm afraid you are misinformed as this particular package does allow you to
    select a directory and upload the entire contents - files and subdirectories.
    I have look quite extensively on the SoftArtisans site and in the samples
    they send with the evaluation sotware but can not find anything to help with
    the issue of browsing to select a directory.

    Can anyone else help?

    kbrad, Oct 5, 2004
  4. kbrad

    Roland Hall Guest

    "kbrad" wrote in message
    : fI'm afraid you are misinformed as this particular package does allow you
    : select a directory and upload the entire contents - files and
    subdirectories.
    : I have look quite extensively on the SoftArtisans site and in the samples
    : they send with the evaluation sotware but can not find anything to help
    with
    : the issue of browsing to select a directory.
    :
    : Can anyone else help?

    kbrad...

    It is impossible to upload a directory or subdirectory. A directory
    structure can be recreated/duplicated but it cannot be transferred.
    Uploading the contents of a directory is still uploading files.

    http://support.softartisans.com/support-118.aspx
    Free support. On an as available basis only, we will answer inquiries
    submitted via Web, e-mail or phone.

    Roland Hall, Oct 8, 2004
  5. kbrad

    Roland Hall Guest

    "kbrad" wrote in message
    : fI'm afraid you are misinformed as this particular package does allow you
    : select a directory and upload the entire contents - files and
    subdirectories.
    : I have look quite extensively on the SoftArtisans site and in the samples
    : they send with the evaluation sotware but can not find anything to help
    with
    : the issue of browsing to select a directory.

    Probably worth reading...
    http://fileup.softartisans.com/fileup-120.aspx

    All your answers are in here:
    http://support.softartisans.com/docs/filemanager/default.asp

    Roland Hall, Oct 8, 2004
  6. kbrad

    lexic0n Guest

    I'm not sure if you're still interested in doing this, but it can be
    accomplished by using JFile, a component you can download from SA along
    with FileUp Pro. It is no longer officially supported by SA, but it
    does allow users to select a directory, and all its subdirectories, for
    upload. FileUp uses the "SaveRecursive" method instead of the "Save"
    methos used for uploading individual files.

    HTH!

    kbrad wrote:
    > I am trying to use SoftArtisans FileUp Professional to upload a

    directory. I

    lexic0n, Feb 2, 2005