select from drop list to fill table column with text -- HOW ?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Richard Galli, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. I want viewers to compare state laws on a single subject.

    Imagine a three-column table with a drop-down box on the top. A viewer
    selects a state from the list, and that state's text fills the column below.
    The viewer can select states from the drop down lists above the other two
    columns as well. If the viewer selects only one, only one column fills. If
    the viewer selects two states, two columns fill. Etc.

    I could, if appropriate, have a separate htm page with the text for each
    state -- california.htm for example. When the viewer selects California from
    the drop down list, the column below would "fill" with California.htm.

    Or, I could conceivably use a text or mysql database with two fields for
    each record: state_name and law_text -- but it would probably be easier to
    use separate htm files, since there will only be about 20 states involved,
    and the "database" would never have a large number of records.

    The table width would be 100% and each cell would be @33%

    My site is designed with FP 2002 and runs on Apache/FreeBSD. I have just had
    Apache-ASP installed but I have not yet configured or used the module.

    Your suggestions would be tremendously appreciated !

    --
    Best wishes,

    Richard Galli

    We don't have thousands of books...