    the highlight color I have not been able to crack.

    Thanks for your help,

    Charlie

    charlie, Sep 1, 2003

  2. charlie

    Mark Parnell Guest

    charlie wrote:

    > I know you can change the background and font in the drop down, but
    > the highlight color I have not been able to crack.

    You can't change it - it is set in the user's display settings for their
    computer. You can go the other way, though - make other elements use the
    colour your visitor has set as their highlight colour:

    foo {background-color: highlight; }

    Not what you are trying to do, but interesting nonetheless.

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Sep 1, 2003

  3. charlie wrote:

    > Is there a way to change the
    > color that is used as the highlight color for selecting in a select
    > dropdown menu.

    Yes -- but only on your own computer.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Sep 1, 2003
  4. charlie

    DU Guest

    charlie wrote:

    > Hopefully this is a simple question, but all of my googling has lead
    > me to believe that it is not possible. Is there a way to change the
    > color that is used as the highlight color for selecting in a select
    > dropdown menu. Right know, at least in ie 6 the color is always a dark
    > blue.
    >
    > I know you can change the background and font in the drop down, but
    > the highlight color I have not been able to crack.
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    >
    > Charlie

    CSS3 will make such change possible. I answered this question in the
    past in this newsgroup.

    DU
    --
    Javascript and Browser bugs:

    DU, Sep 1, 2003
  5. charlie

    Vladdy Guest

    charlie wrote:
    > Hopefully this is a simple question, but all of my googling has lead
    > me to believe that it is not possible. Is there a way to change the
    > color that is used as the highlight color for selecting in a select
    > dropdown menu. Right know, at least in ie 6 the color is always a dark
    > blue.
    >
    > I know you can change the background and font in the drop down, but
    > the highlight color I have not been able to crack.
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    >
    > Charlie

    In browsers with javascript support you can emulate select control using
    a set of block elements. Here is an example of list box emulation in IE:
    http://www.vladdy.net/demos/lbie.html
    All elements in this example can be styled with colors you want. Example
    also includes a tooltip feature for long items. It also solves the IE
    bug with z-indexing of select control.

    Vladdy.

    Vladdy, Sep 1, 2003
  6. charlie

    charlie Guest

    On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 16:12:55 +1000, "Mark Parnell"
    <> wrote:

    >charlie wrote:
    >>
    >> I know you can change the background and font in the drop down, but
    >> the highlight color I have not been able to crack.
    >>

    >You can't change it - it is set in the user's display settings for their
    >computer. You can go the other way, though - make other elements use the
    >colour your visitor has set as their highlight colour:
    >
    >foo {background-color: highlight; }
    >
    >Not what you are trying to do, but interesting nonetheless.

    Thanks to all for your help and for some interesting bits of
    information.

    Charlie

    charlie, Sep 2, 2003
  7. charlie

    pntdeepak

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Thank you sir

    i am first time visitor here; i shaw the great example of listbox hilight colour;
    i tryed the same code for 2 list boxex { actually i want to change the hilight colour of two list boxes on a form }

    but it does work for first listbox not for the second one; is there a way so that it can work for both of them; ??

    pls help;

    thank you ; Charlie;

    pntdeepak, Aug 4, 2006