Select List Background Color

Dennis Marks

I dynamically create 3 select lists from tables. I am having trouble
changing the background color. Would you look at
http://www.dcsi.net/~denmarks/amtrak_main.html
and tell me how to change it? I want the select list background color to
be the same as the rest of the document.

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

Dennis Marks

I dynamically create 3 select lists from tables. I am having trouble
changing the background color. Would you look at
http://www.dcsi.net/~denmarks/amtrak_main.html
and tell me how to change it? I want the select list background color to
be the same as the rest of the document.
PROBLEM SOLVED

--
Dennis M. Marks

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

Joshie Surber

I don't know if using JS to write the option lists out is the best
plan, but the easiest way to do this is just set background-color:
#RRGGBB in the CSS for all three select lists. This should work in 95%
of browsers in use. More importantly, it is the only way (not including
derivatives of same, such as style attrib or JS
element.style.backgroundColor) to add any kind of style to any kind of
form element.

Dennis Marks

I don't know if using JS to write the option lists out is the best
plan, but the easiest way to do this is just set background-color:
#RRGGBB in the CSS for all three select lists. This should work in 95%
of browsers in use. More importantly, it is the only way (not including
derivatives of same, such as style attrib or JS
element.style.backgroundColor) to add any kind of style to any kind of
form element.

This is just for fun. I have no idea of another way to create the option
lists without javascript. I do not have access to database processing
and I want to be able the keep all data stored in tables. Any advice
would be appreciated.