<Select> not hidden when container "display:none"

Noozer

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, <select> is buggy as far as CSS
implementation, but I thought I'd ask anyhow...

I have a container (span or div) that I set the display to "none". The
container disappears, but the <select> contained within the container does
not go away. The <select> will go away if I set it's own display property to
none.

I know about the Z-order "bug" with select. Is this another incarnation of
the same thing?

Noozer

Noozer said:
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, <select> is buggy as far as CSS
implementation, but I thought I'd ask anyhow...

....or just stupidity on my part.

I've edited some code and cleaned up my CSS and now the <SELECT> is
disappearing when I hide it's parent.

I'm not sure where my error was, but I obviously fixed it when cleaning up.
Probably just mis-nested something.