    do it myself, it's probably beyond me.. i've never used poll before nor
    written a Python extension. also, i don't have Vista.
    Thanks

    inhahe, May 6, 2008

  2. inhahe schrieb:
    > select.poll isn't supported on Windows, because Windows doesn't have such a
    > feature, or at least it didn't until Vista. Vista implements the same thing
    > but called WSAPoll, an article is here
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/wndp/archive/2006/10/26/WSAPoll.aspx
    > I hope that the next edition of Python supports select.poll on Vista, or at
    > least that someone writes a third-party module fo it. As much as I'd love to
    > do it myself, it's probably beyond me.. i've never used poll before nor
    > written a Python extension. also, i don't have Vista.

    Python 2.6 and 3.0 doesn't have support for WSAPoll so far. I don't have
    Vista on my dev box so I can't add WSAPoll as I've added epoll and
    kqueue for 2.6.

    I don't think we can officially support WPAPoll since Python 2.6 is
    suppose to run on Windows 2000 and XP, too.

    Christian

    Christian Heimes, May 6, 2008

  3. inhahe

    inhahe Guest

    > I don't think we can officially support WPAPoll since Python 2.6 is
    > suppose to run on Windows 2000 and XP, too.
    >
    > Christian

    Oh, yeah, I was wondering about that, since there aren't separate
    distributions of Python for Vista vs. XP etc. But I wonder if Python could
    just give an attribute error, or perhaps some other error, for select.poll
    if it's not running on Vista, perhaps some kind of run-time detection if
    it's vista or if wsapoll is available? or even an installation time thing?
    Since there's nothing promising that select.poll will work on windows
    anyway. or does it just not work like that? :e

    although a third party module would be nice too (if anyone out there has
    vista..:)

    inhahe, May 6, 2008