SELECT satements multi values return in ADO.NET + VB.NET

Brian Henry

Hello,

If i do something like "SELECT ID,NAME,ADDRESS FROM MEMBERLIST WHERE
MEMBERID = @MEMBERID" in languages like PHP and FoxPro you can have that
returned as an array, do I have to use a datareader to get the data even if
it is a scaler result? or can you also have it returned as an array from a
executescaler? thanks!

bruce barker

no.

executescalar returns the value of the first column of the first row of the
first result set, or null if there is not one.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)