    select options. I tried to set the style of select tab z-index, but no help.
    Any idea? Thanks

    Andrew

    Andrew, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Andrew wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have a dropmenu written of js, and a <select> tab is below close to this
    > menu. When the menu drops down, the <select> tab always displays above the
    > dropmenu, so that the dropdown menu always incompletely display under the
    > select options. I tried to set the style of select tab z-index, but no
    > help. Any idea? Thanks
    >
    > Andrew

    Try the following:

    function formHandler(form){
    var URL =
    document.form.site.options[document.form.site.selectedIndex].value;
    window.location.href = URL;
    }

    <form name="form" action="">
    <select name="site" size="1" onchange="javascript:formHandler()">
    <option value="<<URL>>"><<NAME>></option>
    </select>
    </form>
    </TD>

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Andrew wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have a dropmenu written of js, and a <select> tab is below close to this
    > menu. When the menu drops down, the <select> tab always displays above the
    > dropmenu, so that the dropdown menu always incompletely display under the
    > select options. I tried to set the style of select tab z-index, but no
    > help. Any idea? Thanks
    >
    > Andrew

    Try the following:

    function formHandler(form){
    var URL =
    document.form.site.options[document.form.site.selectedIndex].value;
    window.location.href = URL;
    }

    <form name="form" action="">
    <select name="site" onchange="javascript:formHandler()">

    Roy Schestowitz, Jan 16, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have a dropmenu written of js, and a <select> tab is below close to this
    > menu. When the menu drops down, the <select> tab always displays above the
    > dropmenu, so that the dropdown menu always incompletely display under the
    > select options. I tried to set the style of select tab z-index, but no help.
    > Any idea? Thanks

    It's because the select element is a OS object, so it's always on top.
    Either hide it when your JS menu displays or move it.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 16, 2005