<select> tab position

Andrew

Hi there,

I have a dropmenu written of js, and a <select> tab is below close to this
menu. When the menu drops down, the <select> tab always displays above the
dropmenu, so that the dropdown menu always incompletely display under the
select options. I tried to set the style of select tab z-index, but no help.
Any idea? Thanks

Andrew

Roy Schestowitz

Andrew said:
Hi there,

I have a dropmenu written of js, and a <select> tab is below close to this
menu. When the menu drops down, the <select> tab always displays above the
dropmenu, so that the dropdown menu always incompletely display under the
select options. I tried to set the style of select tab z-index, but no
help. Any idea? Thanks

Andrew

Try the following:

function formHandler(form){
var URL =
document.form.site.options[document.form.site.selectedIndex].value;
window.location.href = URL;
}

<form name="form" action="">
<select name="site" size="1" onchange="javascript:formHandler()">
<option value="<<URL>>"><<NAME>></option>
</select>
</form>
</TD>

Roy Schestowitz

Andrew said:
Hi there,

I have a dropmenu written of js, and a <select> tab is below close to this
menu. When the menu drops down, the <select> tab always displays above the
dropmenu, so that the dropdown menu always incompletely display under the
select options. I tried to set the style of select tab z-index, but no
help. Any idea? Thanks

Andrew

Try the following:

function formHandler(form){
var URL =
document.form.site.options[document.form.site.selectedIndex].value;
window.location.href = URL;
}

<form name="form" action="">
<select name="site" onchange="javascript:formHandler()">
<option value="<<URL>>"><<NAME>></option>
</select>
</form>

Hywel Jenkins

Hi there,

I have a dropmenu written of js, and a <select> tab is below close to this
menu. When the menu drops down, the <select> tab always displays above the
dropmenu, so that the dropdown menu always incompletely display under the
select options. I tried to set the style of select tab z-index, but no help.
Any idea? Thanks

It's because the select element is a OS object, so it's always on top.
Either hide it when your JS menu displays or move it.

Andrew

This sounds the only way. Thanks