    point me in the right direction?

    Thanks,
    Charlie
    Charlie, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Charlie

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Charlie wrote:
    > If memory serves me, there is a way to limit the size of a select box
    > using html (of course, my memory ain't what it used to be). I have a
    > drop down select box containing 25 items. I would like to have it set
    > up where, when the customer clicks the arrow expanding the options,
    > only 10 would appear and the remainder be accessable by scrolling the
    > select box. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

    Should be the size-attribute (http://www.w3schools.com/html/attr_select.asp)
    Doesn't work in IE5.5 however(?)
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Charlie

    Sean Jorden Guest

    "Charlie" <> wrote in

    > If memory serves me, there is a way to limit the size of a select box
    > using html (of course, my memory ain't what it used to be). I have a
    > drop down select box containing 25 items. I would like to have it set
    > up where, when the customer clicks the arrow expanding the options,
    > only 10 would appear and the remainder be accessable by scrolling the
    > select box. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

    You can set the size of a select form element like this:

    <select size="10" >

    but that will change it from a dropdown to a list 10 lines high.

    Otherwise, you are dependant on the whims of the browser/operating system
    combination, which vary widely.
    Sean Jorden, Sep 8, 2003

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.6

    --