select tag attribute

Charlie

If memory serves me, there is a way to limit the size of a select box using
html (of course, my memory ain't what it used to be). I have a drop down
select box containing 25 items. I would like to have it set up where, when
the customer clicks the arrow expanding the options, only 10 would appear
and the remainder be accessable by scrolling the select box. Can anyone here
point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Charlie

Nico Schuyt

Charlie said:
If memory serves me, there is a way to limit the size of a select box
using html (of course, my memory ain't what it used to be). I have a
drop down select box containing 25 items. I would like to have it set
up where, when the customer clicks the arrow expanding the options,
only 10 would appear and the remainder be accessable by scrolling the
select box. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Should be the size-attribute (http://www.w3schools.com/html/attr_select.asp)
Doesn't work in IE5.5 however(?)
Nico

Sean Jorden

If memory serves me, there is a way to limit the size of a select box
using html (of course, my memory ain't what it used to be). I have a
drop down select box containing 25 items. I would like to have it set
up where, when the customer clicks the arrow expanding the options,
only 10 would appear and the remainder be accessable by scrolling the
select box. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

You can set the size of a select form element like this:

<select size="10" >

but that will change it from a dropdown to a list 10 lines high.

Otherwise, you are dependant on the whims of the browser/operating system
combination, which vary widely.

Hywel Jenkins

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.6