SelectedIndex only works when page displayed for first time

Tony Z

I am stepping through a dataset on my web page and trying to set the
SelectedItem f\or a dropdownlist each time i go to the next row in the
dataset. However, setting the SelectedItem only works the first time the page
is displayed. Each time I step though the data set after the first, all the
data on the form changes EXECPT the selected item in the droplist list.
Looking at the pagesource from the browser shows NO selection in the list.

Any deas?

quaester

Try disabling the viewstate for the control, since it seems like you are
binding your controls again for each request.