SelectedItem after DataBinding--get DataRow?

Matt C.

If I databind a DataTable to a dropdown list in Winforms, the SelectedItem
is actually the entire DataRow from the datatable. If I want to access
columns that were not part of the display, I can do that.

It doesn't look like I can do that in ASP.NET. After databinding, the
SelectedItem appears to be the display string only.

Is this impression correct? Is there any way to get back the rest of the
datarow via the databound control?

(Obviously I can stick the whole DataTable in ViewState or something like
that, that's not what I'm asking.)

Matt