    There is software to help with this task that you can download for free
    from www.budget-account.com.

    Adrian.

    Adrian, Jan 7, 2009

  2. Adrian wrote:

    > It can sometimes be a trying task to find colours that go well
    > together when designing a website.
    >
    > There is software to help with this task that you can download for
    > free from www.budget-account.com.

    They should use it themselves. Grey, grey, and grey... :)

    (They should also test their site with browser-initiated larger fonts.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 8, 2009

  3. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    > Adrian wrote:
    >
    >> It can sometimes be a trying task to find colours that go well
    >> together when designing a website.
    >>
    >> There is software to help with this task that you can download for
    >> free from www.budget-account.com.

    > They should use it themselves. Grey, grey, and grey... :)
    >
    > (They should also test their site with browser-initiated larger fonts.)
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    True. Then why not tell them how to improve their site in return for the
    free software offer?
    Adrian.

    Adrian, Jan 8, 2009
  4. Adrian

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 07 Jan 2009, "Adrian" <> wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    > message news:gk3nqj$ufh$...
    >> Adrian wrote:
    >>
    >>> It can sometimes be a trying task to find colours that go well
    >>> together when designing a website.
    >>>
    >>> There is software to help with this task that you can download for
    >>> free from www.budget-account.com.

    >> They should use it themselves. Grey, grey, and grey... :)
    >>
    >> (They should also test their site with browser-initiated larger
    >> fonts.)

    > True. Then why not tell them how to improve their site in return for
    > the free software offer?
    > Adrian.

    Uh, isn't that what the software they are promoting and supposedly have
    well-crafted supposed to do in the first place? The would be like
    a suggestion to tell the guru of a self-help course how to get his
    life together.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Jan 8, 2009
  5. Adrian wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Adrian wrote:
    >>> It can sometimes be a trying task to find colours that go well
    >>> together when designing a website.
    >>>
    >>> There is software to help with this task that you can download for
    >>> free from www.budget-account.com.

    >> They should use it themselves. Grey, grey, and grey... :)
    >>
    >> (They should also test their site with browser-initiated larger
    >> fonts.)

    > [snip signature]
    > True. Then why not tell them how to improve their site in return for
    > the free software offer?

    That software won't run on my operating system. Sorry, it appears to be
    for Windows only.

    Are you saying I should write (no contact form found) and tell them to
    seek out a tutorial? How to write modern code instead of 1995-style
    code? How to not use frames? How to not write pages that are stuffed
    into the left corner of my browser window? How to ...

    This is really your site, isn't it? It's from 9718 DL Groningen, The
    Netherlands -- and you are posting from The Netherlands (tiscali.nl)...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 8, 2009
  6. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    > Adrian wrote:

    >>> They should use it themselves. Grey, grey, and grey... :)
    >>>
    >>> (They should also test their site with browser-initiated larger
    >>> fonts.)

    >> [snip signature]
    >> True. Then why not tell them how to improve their site in return for
    >> the free software offer?

    > That software won't run on my operating system. Sorry, it appears to be
    > for Windows only.
    >
    > Are you saying I should write (no contact form found) and tell them to
    > seek out a tutorial? How to write modern code instead of 1995-style
    > code? How to not use frames? How to not write pages that are stuffed
    > into the left corner of my browser window? How to ...
    >
    > This is really your site, isn't it? It's from 9718 DL Groningen, The
    > Netherlands -- and you are posting from The Netherlands (tiscali.nl)...
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    Why all this negativity? Why score by finding fault?
    I found the same attitude amongst C and C++ programmers.
    Somehow when a group is "closed", due to the knowledge
    domain being antiquated, given more modern technologies,
    people practicing it, start acting defensively. Or in more
    psychological terms, embark on "out-group depreciation".
    People looking at a website don't care a hoot whether it
    was written 1959 style, or whatever, as long as they are
    able to retrieve the information they are after. The color
    mixer is quite useful when you are creating a user interface
    and need to select colors for it, that was my message
    and nothing else. Grow op man.

    Adrian, Jan 9, 2009
  7. Adrian

    Bergamot Guest

    Adrian wrote:

    > The color
    > mixer is quite useful when you are creating a user interface
    > and need to select colors for it

    I looked at it but didn't find it so useful as something that can give
    me complementary color combinations. If all I need is a random color I
    can already get that from my other graphics programs.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Jan 9, 2009
  8. Adrian

    rf Guest

    Adrian wrote:

    > Why all this negativity? Why score by finding fault?
    > I found the same attitude amongst C and C++ programmers.
    > Somehow when a group is "closed", due to the knowledge
    > domain being antiquated, given more modern technologies,
    > people practicing it, start acting defensively. Or in more
    > psychological terms, embark on "out-group depreciation".
    > People looking at a website don't care a hoot whether it
    > was written 1959 style, or whatever, as long as they are
    > able to retrieve the information they are after. The color
    > mixer is quite useful when you are creating a user interface
    > and need to select colors for it, that was my message
    > and nothing else. Grow op man.

    op?

    You published the URL of your web site in a newsgroup that is full of
    professional web designers and producers.

    You should expect that the quality of that web site would be commented upon.

    All the comments so far are valid.

    The site looks stupid stuck up there in the top left corner of the browser.

    The site breaks totally and becomes inaccessable with just one or two
    notches of increased font size [1]. This could be construed to be
    delibreratly discriminating against partially sighted people which at least
    in my country is illegal.

    [1] In fact the "buy now" page is broken at the default font size.

    In certain cases the pages break out of that iframe by opening a new
    window/tab, leaving a totally orphaned page with no menu or other site
    navigation and a broken back button.

    The site uses technology that became obsolete last century.

    Why would anybody go to the trouble of downloading anything from a site that
    is so broken?

    Get a real site man.

    rf, Jan 9, 2009
  9. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Oh dear....

    Adrian, Jan 9, 2009
  10. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    <snipped>
    > Why would anybody go to the trouble of downloading anything from a site
    > that is so broken?
    >
    > Get a real site man.

    I see that you use this site to erect a statue for yourself.
    I am sad I attempted to make a contribution. This "I am
    better than you" attitude has killed nine million Jews
    in WWII. Bad behavior creates bad behavior, as is
    being currently being evidenced in the Middle East.
    But how can one persuade a fish that it is swimming
    in water. Alas, a lost cause...

    Adrian.

    Adrian, Jan 9, 2009
  11. Adrian

    Irina Rempt Guest

    On Friday 09 January 2009 09:04, Adrian wrote:

    > Oh dear....

    Right... top posting and quoting the entire message without actually
    saying anything sensible has destroyed your last bit of credibility.

    Irina

    --
    "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
    should that mean that it is not real?" --Albus Dumbledore

    Irina Rempt, Jan 9, 2009
  12. Adrian

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Jan 9, 7:20 pm, "Adrian" <> wrote:
    > <snipped>
    >
    > > Why would anybody go to the trouble of downloading anything from a site
    > > that is so broken?

    > > Get a real site man.

    > I see that you use this site to erect a statue for yourself.
    > I am sad I attempted to make a contribution. This "I am
    > better than you" attitude has killed nine million Jews
    > in WWII. Bad behavior creates bad behavior, as is
    > being currently being evidenced in the Middle East.
    > But how can one persuade a fish that it is swimming
    > in water. Alas, a lost cause...

    Piss off, this is a group of people who work in the Web Design
    industry, or write content for websites or own web hosting providers.

    For what it is werth, your post was pointless as we all know about
    such software and other don't really care. Which is why we have
    graphic designers.
    Go and join a bloody web forum full of newbies who like reading spam.
    this is Usenet.
    If you did not act like such a dickhead then you would have got a
    better responce.

    Chaddy2222, Jan 9, 2009
  13. Adrian wrote:

    > I am sad I attempted to make a contribution.

    Perhaps you would have been better received had you asked, "How can I
    improve my site, and by the way, I have a colour-picker you can use."

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2009
  14. Adrian

    Rob W. Guest

    Adrian schreef:
    > It can sometimes be a trying task to find colours that go well together
    > when designing a website.
    >
    > There is software to help with this task that you can download for free
    > from www.budget-account.com.
    >
    > Adrian.

    And there is more:

    http://www.colorsontheweb.com/

    http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

    http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

    You give us a link to download your software
    without giving us any useful information about it.
    Not even a screenshot.

    I'm not gonna download this,
    not even to have a look at it
    despite the fact that MacAfee (sic) says it's safe (oh, really?)

    --
    Rob W

    Rob W., Jan 9, 2009
  15. Adrian

    Bergamot Guest

    Bergamot, Jan 9, 2009
  16. Adrian

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 09 Jan 2009, "Adrian" <> wrote:

    > <snipped>
    >> Why would anybody go to the trouble of downloading anything from a
    >> site that is so broken?
    >>
    >> Get a real site man.

    > I see that you use this site to erect a statue for yourself.

    I don't think so. Unpleasant birds tend to crap all over statues, and
    rf is very sensitive.

    > I am sad I attempted to make a contribution.

    Others, apparently, too.

    > This "I am
    > better than you" attitude has killed nine million Jews
    > in WWII.

    There was more to it than that. One thing in particular, -a guilty
    conscience.

    > Bad behavior creates bad behavior, as is
    > being currently being evidenced in the Middle East.

    Not always else everyone would be bad.

    > But how can one persuade a fish that it is swimming
    > in water.

    Simple. Take it out of the water. I've even heard that Blinky has
    developed a fondness for skinny-dipping in thin air.

    > Alas, a lost cause...

    Hmm, I guess so.

    Neredbojias, Jan 9, 2009
  17. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    > Adrian wrote:
    >
    >> I am sad I attempted to make a contribution.

    > Perhaps you would have been better received had you asked, "How can I
    > improve my site, and by the way, I have a colour-picker you can use."
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    "It can sometimes be a trying task to find colors that go well together when
    designing
    a website. There is software to help with this task that you can download
    for free."
    This was my statement - it contains no reference to the appearance of the
    site in question.
    In response my to statement some people decided to start shredding the site,
    rather
    than having a look at the software. This is a typical example of defensive
    "out-group
    depreciation" which makes me very sad. The language one person used on this
    public site, I find unacceptable, and commands little respect.

    Adrian.

    Adrian, Jan 9, 2009
  18. Adrian

    dorayme Guest

    In article <4967d08f$0$24411$>,
    "Adrian" <> wrote:

    > The language one person used on this
    > public site, I find unacceptable,

    Perhaps he was Australian? They are badly misunderstood by the world at
    large.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 9, 2009
  19. Adrian wrote:

    > This is a typical example of defensive "out-group depreciation"

    What is "out-group depreciation?"

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2009
  20. Adrian

    rf Guest

    Adrian wrote:

    > The language one person used
    > on this public site,

    This is not a public site. This is usenet. If you don't know the difference
    then perhaps you should find out.

    > I find unacceptable, and commands little respect.

    Yes, I too find the language "Grow op man" to be unacceptable and commanding
    of little respect, not to mention all that crap about wars which *should*
    have invoked Goodwins Law.

    rf, Jan 10, 2009