Selecting a colour

Blinky the Shark

Adrian said:
depreciation" which makes me very sad. The language one person used on
this public site, I find unacceptable, and commands little respect.

What "site"?

Jani

Perhaps you would have been better received had you asked, "How can I
improve my site, and by the way, I have a colour-picker you can use."

With Google search "color analysis" I found that page e.g.:
http://www.colortools.com/
You have to know what colours you want to pic.
If you want to create an atmosphere.
But I am not talking as a webdesigner.
It's only my opinion. I am often wondering how I will get the right
colors for my pages in the future.

Adrian

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
What is "out-group depreciation?"

Out-group depreciation (aggression)? The important ingredient is "culture".
Elements of culture are shared heroes, shared norms (accepted ways of doing
things), shared values (accepted objectives), shared objectives (desired
outcomes of action), partaking in rituals and outwardly differentiating
appearance (like dress). The stronger the group culture the bigger the
aggression to those not belonging to the group. Aggression serves to
maintain or enlarge the area of influence (control locus) and also to
enhance the feeling of kinship of group-members. Headscarves of women became
more prevalent throughout Western Europe after 9/11 and it was enormously
stupid to forbid them, like in Turkey and France. Kinship can be very
important because it gives group participants identity, Identity is one of
the most powerful aspects of personality. If you break up the identity of a
person, you break up the person (in the German concentration camps: tatoeing
a number to replace people's name, etc.). Group members will do their best
to maintain the group, because by doing so they maintain their identity.
Usually there is a hierarchy (pecking order) within groups. Very good
examples of all this is the Catholic church, WWII Germany and currently the
Islam. Groups can produce bad social chemistry.

Adrian.