selecting a pallete of unique colors

Denis McMahon

The proper procedure

Proper procedure my arse. If you can't be bothered to trim your whining
about topicality to the places where you contend the subject is off
topic, there is no reason that I should bother to trim my appropriate
response to places where it is on topic.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Geoff Berrow

The proper procedure would be for you

to just ignore that which you don't like.

If you want to control what happens in comp.lang.php Jerry you'll have
to create comp.lang.php.moderated.

The charter is at best advisory; you can recommend people stick to it
but you can't force them to.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Geoff said:
to just ignore that which you don't like.

If you want to control what happens in comp.lang.php Jerry you'll
have to create comp.lang.php.moderated.

The charter is at best advisory; you can recommend people stick to it
but you can't force them to.

Question: "I need some help with PHP for my shopping site."
Jerry: "Off topic. PHP doesn't know anything about shopping."

Jerry Stuckle

Geoff said:
to just ignore that which you don't like.

If you want to control what happens in comp.lang.php Jerry you'll have
to create comp.lang.php.moderated.

The charter is at best advisory; you can recommend people stick to it
but you can't force them to.

Geoff, stuff it. I want to see PHP stuff in this newsgroup, not
anything, like you do.

And if you don't like my posts, take your own advice and ignore them.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

Jerry Stuckle

Denis said:
Proper procedure my arse. If you can't be bothered to trim your whining
about topicality to the places where you contend the subject is off
topic, there is no reason that I should bother to trim my appropriate
response to places where it is on topic.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Now I can see you are a troll. Go ahead and continue your whining,
little boy. You're now showing just what an arsehole you really are.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
(e-mail address removed)
==================

Jerry Stuckle

Denis said:
Jerry, why are you posting this in alt.html?

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Because you don't read c.l.p. and won't see it if I don't post in alt.html.

Now keep on whining, little boy. You're showing just how much of an
arsehole you really are.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
(e-mail address removed)
==================

Denis McMahon

Because you don't read c.l.p. and won't see it if I don't post in alt.html.

I do, but at the moment I'm responding to your posts in alt.html.

My point is simple. You can sit there and pontificate all you like, and
make all the personal attacks you want, but you're as much a part of the
problem as anyone else is when you refuse to trim the headers in your
own posts to prevent your own posts landing in inappropriate groups.

You can't expect others to comply with your view of good netizenry if
you don't practice it yourself.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Geoff Berrow

Geoff, stuff it. I want to see PHP stuff in this newsgroup, not
anything, like you do.

What you want matters just as much as what I want.
And if you don't like my posts, take your own advice and ignore them.

Just redressing the balance old chap. In case some of the newbies
round clp felt tempted to actually take any notice of you.

Geoff Berrow

Now I can see you are a troll.

LOL, classic. The old, 'I cannot win the argument so I will call the
opponent a troll' gambit.

Give it up Jerry, you are just making yourself look 'stoopid'.

William Gill

Question: "I need some help with PHP for my shopping site."
Jerry: "Off topic. PHP doesn't know anything about shopping."
try comp.lang.php.shoppingsites

Jerry Stuckle

Geoff said:
LOL, classic. The old, 'I cannot win the argument so I will call the
opponent a troll' gambit.

Give it up Jerry, you are just making yourself look 'stoopid'.

Not at all, Geoff. If it acts like a troll, looks like a troll and
smells like a troll...

--
==================

Denis said:
I do, but at the moment I'm responding to your posts in alt.html.

Then you shouldn't be complaining about the posts in alt.html. If you
didn't see them, you wouldn't be posting.
My point is simple. You can sit there and pontificate all you like, and
make all the personal attacks you want, but you're as much a part of the
problem as anyone else is when you refuse to trim the headers in your
own posts to prevent your own posts landing in inappropriate groups.

And mine is very simple. Don't post off-topic in newsgroups. But I can
easily see such a concept is too complicated for your whiny little boy
mind to conceive.
You can't expect others to comply with your view of good netizenry if
you don't practice it yourself.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

I do practice it. I do not post off-topic requests or answers on
usenet. Unlike you.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
(e-mail address removed)
==================

Jerry Stuckle

What matters is the charter - which directly contradicts your "wants".
So your "wants" are meaningless.
What you want matters just as much as what I want.

Just redressing the balance old chap. In case some of the newbies
round clp felt tempted to actually take any notice of you.

And I'm just telling you again how full of crap you are.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
(e-mail address removed)
==================

Michael Fesser

..oO(Jerry Stuckle)
Not at all, Geoff. If it acts like a troll, looks like a troll and
smells like a troll...

.... then it must be named Jerry.

Would you now please stop this nonsense? TIA.

The OP's question was not only about colors, but also about algorithms
to achieve his goal, which of course is perfectly ontopic here.

Micha

Rahul

Hmm, I don't see it yet.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

I get an error:

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

(e-mail address removed)

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
DNS Error: Could not contact DNS servers

--
Rahul

Denis McMahon

I get an error:

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

(e-mail address removed)

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
DNS Error: Could not contact DNS servers

wtf ...... error in my settings corrected, please try again.

(e-mail address removed)

Rgds

Denis McMahon

(trying to work out why his news editor thought his email was
googlemail.co.uk)