  1. joy

    joy Guest

    is it possible to select a row in a datagrid without postback.......

    joy, Apr 5, 2007

  2. joy

    kingflux Guest

    Re: selecting a row in a datagrid without postback

    On Apr 5, 3:16 am, "joy" <> wrote:
    > is it possible to select a row in a datagrid without postback.......

    Hello, Joy-- Depends on what you're trying to do. If this doesn't
    help, please provide more details. I use javascript in my web form to
    reference the row in what I think is a very roundabout way (but it
    turns out to be pretty normal). The HTML for my textbox looks like
    this:

    <asp:TextBox id="targetgrossprofit" runat="server"
    onchange="updatePrice(this);" ></asp:TextBox>

    At the top of my web form, this javascript appears:

    function updatePrice(tbNewGrossProfitPercentage)
    {
    var newgrossprofitpercentage =
    parseFloat(tbNewGrossProfitPercentage.value);
    tbNewGrossProfitPercentage.value = newgrossprofitpercentage;

    var row =
    tbNewGrossProfitPercentage.parentElement.parentElement;
    var gridrow = row.rowIndex + 1;
    ..
    ..
    ..
    }

    Hope that helps!

    kingflux, Apr 7, 2007

  3. joy

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    To add to prevous reply, is the postback just usability issue? Long page,
    which loses the scroll or something? If you use ASP.NET 2.0, you could use
    ASP.NET Ajax to enchance the usability. E.g to make postbacks without
    visible screen refreshes etc

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP