Selecting an item in a drop down list

Bogdan Zamfir

Hi,

I have a page called MyTargetPage.aspx with a drop down list.
When I pass control to that page, I send an ID in querystring, like this

Server.transfer("MyTargetPage.aspx?PrjID=" & something)

Then in page_load, after I populate the drop-down, I want to make default
selection the item passed in query string
So I use a code like this:

dim MyID as string =Request.QueryString("PrjID")
Dim lo As ListItem, i As Int16

For i = 0 To cmbProject.Items.Count - 1

If cmbProject.Items(i).Value = cProjectID Then

Me.cmbProject.SelectedIndex = i

End If

Next

This works, but doesn't seems to me to be a very elegant solution.
Unfortunately I coudn't found a different one.

Can anyone help with a better suggestion to accomplish this?

Thank you

Bogdan

PJ

the SelectedValue property is read/write and assigning it will select the
item w/ the corresponding value.

cmbProject.SelectedValue = MyID

Bogdan Zamfir

Hi,
the SelectedValue property is read/write and assigning it will select the
item w/ the corresponding value.

cmbProject.SelectedValue = MyID

I don't know why, but DropDownlist doesn't seem to have this property. It
doesn't shows up in Intellisense, and if I type it myself, I get a compile
error.

Are you sure are you talking about DropDownList?
I found it as a property of ListBox only.

Bogdan