Selecting and Highlighting Multiple Rows in a DataGrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by .NETn00b, Nov 19, 2005.

  1. .NETn00b

    .NETn00b Guest

    I am looking for an example that shows how to select and highlight
    multiple rows in a DataGrid.

    My DataGrid is part of a Web User Control which is contained in an ASPX
    page.

    I haven't been able to find any examples which demonstrate how to do
    this.

    My Code:

    The ASPX Page

    <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="TestMultiSelect.WebForm1" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="WebUserControl1"
    Src="WebUserControl1.ascx" %>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>WebForm1</title>
    7.1">
    </HEAD>
    <uc1:WebUserControl1 id="WebUserControl11"
    runat="server"></uc1:WebUserControl1>
    </form>
    </HTML>

    Code Behind for ASPX page

    using System;
    using System.Collections;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.SessionState;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

    namespace TestMultiSelect
    {
    /// <summary>
    /// Summary description for WebForm1.
    /// </summary>

    //
    // CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web Form
    // Designer.
    InitializeComponent();
    base.OnInit(e);
    }

    /// <summary>
    /// </summary>
    private void InitializeComponent()

    #endregion

    Web User Control

    <%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="WebUserControl1.ascx.cs"
    Inherits="TestMultiSelect.WebUserControl1"
    TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"%>
    <TABLE id="Table1" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="300"
    border="1">
    <TR>
    <TD colSpan="3">
    200px"><asp:datagrid id="DataGrid1" style="Z-INDEX: 102;
    LEFT: 24px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 32px" Height="120px"
    runat="server"></asp:datagrid></div>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD align="center">
    <asp:Button ID="CloseButton" runat="server" Width="99px"
    Text="Close"></asp:Button>
    </TD>
    <TD></TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>

    Web User Control - Code Behind

    namespace TestMultiSelect
    {
    using System;
    using System.Collections;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Data.SqlClient;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.SessionState;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

    /// <summary>
    /// Summary description for WebUserControl1.
    /// </summary>
    public class WebUserControl1 : System.Web.UI.UserControl
    {
    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid DataGrid1;
    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button CloseButton;
    SqlConnection myConnection;

    myConnection = new SqlConnection
    ("Server=localhost;uid=sa;pwd=preview;database=pubs");

    if(!IsPostBack)
    BindGrid();
    }

    public void BindGrid()
    {
    SqlDataAdapter dAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter ("SELECT au_id,
    au_fname, au_lname FROM authors ", myConnection);
    DataSet dSet= new DataSet();
    dAdapter.Fill(dSet, "authors");

    DataGrid1.DataSource = dSet.Tables["authors"].DefaultView;
    DataGrid1.DataBind();

    //
    // CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web Form
    // Designer.
    InitializeComponent();
    base.OnInit(e);
    }

    /// <summary>
    /// </summary>
    private void InitializeComponent()

    #endregion

    I want to select the au_fname and au_lname fields (which I am going to
    concatenate). The Web User Control has a Button which, when clicked,
    should pass the selections to the calling page (a simple HTML page).
    Clicking the button should also close the .ASPX page, and refresh the
    calling page.

    Is what I am trying to do reasonable, or is there a better approach? I
    am a bit out of my depth here, and would really appreciate any kind of
    help, especially code snippets.

    Thanks!

    --
    Sent via .NET Newsgroups