    moment I will hard code the values in. Can anyone help me out here?

    Thanks,
    Dave

    Dave, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Dave wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I'm in the middle of adding some validation functionality to an inventory
    > tracking form.
    >
    > What I would like to do is have one dropdown menu/Listbox(Part Number) and
    > another text field (Product Description).
    >
    > When the user selects an item from the drop down (IE 12S0FB) it will
    > autopopulate the text field with a description of the product. At the
    > moment I will hard code the values in. Can anyone help me out here?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    You can do this using JavaScript. For example:

    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function addText(myform){
    // get the ID of the text box
    // use document.myform.options[document.myform.myitem.selectedIndex].value
    // to resolve text to insert
    }
    </script>
    </head>

    <form name="myform">
    <select name="myitem" onChange="javascript:addText()">
    <option value="item1">Item #1</option>
    <option value="item2">Item #2</option>
    </select>
    </form>

    Don't try it as it's not tested. It's the idea that counts.

    Roy

    PS - Please don't make corrections, guys. It's just a rough example...

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jan 25, 2005