Selection; open popup or open a new window

Berlin Brown

This is really a question related to server-side programming and
javascript; but can ignore the nitty-gritty details of the server-side
language(java).

I have one link; I want the user to click on the link and have it open
a popup or a new window. Right now, all I have is new popup (without
the browser toolbar) and then a redirect within that popup. This is
not what I want because the toolbar is missing.

My next implementation will include, having the popup and then launch a
new window from the popup and close the window at the same time. I
dont like this because then you have this flashing window.

Something ajax might work, but I dont want to have to explain something
new to other developers (shiver).

I could do some tricks on the server-side, but ideally once I click on
the link that is the request to the server-side code. Basically, the
window is already a popup at this point.

Any ideas?