Selective DataGrid

Guest

Hello
I have a question on DataGrids
In an ASP page, I bind a DataGrid to a dataset. What can I do to display only the rows in which the first column = "some_text"
I can probably define another dataset or have some sort of a query on the original dataset with the first column constraints, but i think this approach sucks
I'm not too familiar with the DataGrid control, and I read it can do a lot of cool stuff; I'm sure there must be a solution for this problem

Thanks

Marina

Use a DataView on top of the specific table your are binding to, and set the
filter. Then bind the grid to the DataView.