selective page access

yasaswi

I just need a, "it can be done" answer. I want to build a web
application, which will allow users to access pages, based on four
different user attributes, namely, "department", "trading partner
type", "designation", and "customer". I want to allow declarative
access, meaning I want even lay administrators to edit a configuration
text file so that a new or old user's profile can be changed. Can this
be done just with Tomcat and Struts, or do I need to used EJBs?
Thanks,
Yasaswi

Wendy S

yasaswi said:
I just need a, "it can be done" answer. I want to build a web
application, which will allow users to access pages, based on four
different user attributes, namely, "department", "trading partner
type", "designation", and "customer". I want to allow declarative
access, meaning I want even lay administrators to edit a configuration
text file so that a new or old user's profile can be changed. Can this
be done just with Tomcat and Struts, or do I need to used EJBs?

This sounds like what you're describing:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html

yasaswi

Hi Wendy:
Yes, I already use JDBCRealm for one layer of selective access. As you
see there is one User Role parameter. However I have three more
parameters, which need to be taken into consideration when giving
access to a web page. Also the number of parameters may increase in the
future. Do you know if any one extended JDBCRealm to include multiple
parameters? Or is there another solution out there?
Thanks,
Yasaswi