selectively exposing webmethods

shovavnik

We need to be able to selectively expose webmethods. In
other words, we have many clients who use our application
in many different ways. We have one source for all
clients, and we can selectively enable or disable features
in the application based on the package for which the
client pays.

So I am developing a set of webservices grouped by
feature-sets: portal functions, report functions, etc.
They are grouped in this way to balance the need to
minimize resource usage (clients tend to require a bunch of
portal services all at once - this prevents making calls to
5, if not 20, different services) and maximize business
returns.

So I need, in addition, to define a set of compiled
webmethods in a webservice, and then, based on a table in
the db or on an xml configuration file, determine which
webmethods to expose.

Any ideas on how to implement such a feat are very welcome.

TIA,
shovavnik

Marina

I don't think you can selectively expose webmethods, depending on who is
asking.

What you can do, is do a check to see if the user is authorized to make a
particular call on every request.