Selectively removing Cache Key

tarunbajaj

Hi all,
I am inserting a key in HttpContext.Cache
Some keys I am caching for multiple days. Out of these once a while I
need to reset cache entry of specific key.
I can do a lot to reset the whole cache, but I wanted to selectively
remove the entry.
Is it possible to do that?
Thanks
Tarun

Craig Deelsnyder

Hi all,
I am inserting a key in HttpContext.Cache
Some keys I am caching for multiple days. Out of these once a while I
need to reset cache entry of specific key.
I can do a lot to reset the whole cache, but I wanted to selectively
remove the entry.
Is it possible to do that?
Thanks
Tarun

The easiest way would be to add a dependency to a file, when you insert
the value into the cache. When you want to clear it, just 'touch' that
file (update it) and the cache will invalidate the variable dependent on it.

tarunbajaj

Dear Responders, thanks
Is there an "Operating System" way of removing the entry.
I could code for it and I could create Cache dependency but I don't
want to do that.
Any Win2K interface that lets you see the keys.
Thanks
Tarun

tarunbajaj

Thanks Responders.
I don't want to code and put Cache dependency.
I wanted Admin to do it with some OS interface.
Is there any Windows way of browsing the keys and remove it (like using
any tool in Control Panel)
Regards
Tarun