Self contained app

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, May 26, 2010.

  1. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, May 26, 2010

  2. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2010, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:

    > I want to run a .jar app from a USB flash on a PC that does not have Java
    > installed. Possible?

    Sure. Just install java on the stick too.

    tom

    --
    uk.local groups TO BE RENAMED uk.lunatic.fringe groups

    Tom Anderson, May 26, 2010

  3. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 26-05-2010 10:21, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
    > I want to run a .jar app from a USB flash on a PC that does not have
    > Java installed. Possible?

    Java is working for regular stuff when XCOPY'ied so
    if you have 100 MB free space on the stick, then you can
    put a JRE on it.

    But long term it would be easier if you could get
    Java installed on the systems.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 27, 2010