Self-intro and possible offtopic: creation of group integratingtranslators and experts in the fields

vocabulo

Dear Owner,
This is a message announcing the creation of a google translation
project group (I appologize if 's against the rules).
Thank you,
Marco

Dear Members,

My name is Marco Juliano e Silva, and I'm basically a technical
translator.

This is to let you know that I just created the google group
tecschange ("technical exchange"), dedicated to facilitating the
interaction between translators and those who are both professionals
of the areas of the texts they are translating and native speakers of
its target language.

To those who might be interested in participating, I would ask as a
first step that they just join the group and state their field of
expertise and native language.

People of any level of study are invited, whether it be college level
or undergraduate, or even those who never graduated in any thing, the
sole criterion being that they have a de facto expertise in something,
and therefore master its terminology.

Needless to say, people of all languages, countries, religions, or
ethnic origin are equally welcome.

Thank you,

Marco Juliano
www.marcjultrad.com.br
(e-mail address removed)

PS: I’ve also created a yahoo group by the name texchange, with the
same purpose. The reason I created one group at google’s and another
at yahoo’s is because people tend to polarize between these two
vehicles, and also because I’m deciding which one is better for my
purpose. For the moment, I’ll run the two groups – this is doable,
since for the time being the main task is to just invite people - but
eventually I intend to unify them. There is no need, but should you
feel like joining both groups, you’re welcome.

Aahz

PS: I've also created a yahoo group by the name texchange, with the
same purpose. The reason I created one group at google's and another
at yahoo's is because people tend to polarize between these two
vehicles, and also because I'm deciding which one is better for my
purpose. For the moment, I'll run the two groups =96 this is doable,
since for the time being the main task is to just invite people - but
eventually I intend to unify them. There is no need, but should you
feel like joining both groups, you're welcome.

There's also a small minority (of whom I'm a member) that despises
both... ;-)