  1. self.print() or window.print() don't work on Mac OSX with Mac IE? Any work
    around? I've googled this without luck and tried to find a mac or browser
    compatibility newsgroup without luck. Any suggestions welcome!

    Simon Wigzell, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Simon Wigzell wrote:
    > self.print() or window.print() don't work on Mac OSX with Mac
    > IE? Any work around? I've googled this without luck and tried
    > to find a mac or browser compatibility newsgroup without luck.
    > Any suggestions welcome!

    I had never actually noticed it before but according to my listings of
    an example DOM an Mac IE 5.1 and 5.2 (OS 9 and 10 respectively) it
    doesn't have a print method on the window object at all. Which could
    easily be confirmed with code like - alert(typeof window.print) -, which
    should alert "undefined" if the method doesn't exist (and "function" or
    "object" otherwise).

    If the method is unavailable then there is nothing you can do about it,
    except make the offer of the opportunity to print the page conditional
    on the existence of the method so as not to mislead users.

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, Aug 5, 2004